- Rooted succulents
- Growing mixture of soil and polymer crystals
- Sheet moss
- Wire frame
- Small gauge wire
- Chicken wire
- Landscape fabric pins
10 Steps to a Successful Succulent Topiary:
- Start with an open wired form that is the shape you will want.
- Attach chicken wire to the frame.
- Pack sheet moss inside the frame against the chicken wire.
- Fill the inside of the frame with a mixture of soil, water and a polymer crystals. (You could use any lightweight growing medium.)
- Start at the bottom of the frame, and force the succulents carefully through the moss and chicken wire.
- Use small landscape fabric pins to hold the succulents in place.
- If you are working with tiny succulents, use tweezers to help you force the succulents into the moss and growing medium.
- Work your way up to the top of the form.
- Apply moss to the finished piece.
- Soak the entire topiary when you are done, place in plenty of light, and water as needed.